RATUM Law Group was founded in 2004 and specializes in providing legal services in the agricultural sector.
The rapidly developing agricultural market requires civilized relations and big investments. We work with Russian companies as well as international partners and thus facilitate the development of the Russian agricultural business by making it more stable and attractive.
What do we do?
- Agro industrial complex
- Foreign investments in the Russian agro industrial complex
- Crop production, i.a. defense of plant breeders` rights
- Cattle breeding
- Small and medium business, i.a. farmstead
- Food and processing industry
Services and practices:
- Legal Due Diligence of agricultural companies and agrarian assets
- Administrative – legal defense of business
- Intellectual property
- Corporate practice
- Environment protection
- Court and arbitrage
- Customs law and foreign economic activity
- Labour and migration laws
- Legal support of investment projects in Russia
Location of our clients:
- Great Britain
- Regions of the Russian Federation:
- Kursk region
- Belgorod region
- Bryansk region
- Voronezh region
- Kaluga region
- Kirov region
- Krasnodar territory
- Lipetsk region
- Novosibirsk region
- Orel region
- Orenburg region
- Penza region
- Rostov region
- Samara region
- Stavropol territory
- Tambov region
- Tula region
The most important projects:
- transaction support on acquisition of rights to agricultural land on the territory of Kursk, Voronezh, Kaluga, Orenburg, Novosibirsk regions for the Russian – German company «Ekoniva», www.ekoniva.com, total more than 100`000 ha;
- transaction support on acquisition of rights to agricultural land on the territory of the Kursk region for the Managing company «AGRO-Invest», www.agroinvest.com, total more than 100`000 ha;
- investment activity support of the company «Agrocultura», www.alpcotagro.com, on the territory of the Kursk region, total more than 80`000 ha;
- investment activity support of the Finnish company «Myllyn Paras», www.myllynparas.fn, on the territory of the Kursk region;
- breeders` rights defense (Saaten Union)-collected royalty (licensed fee) in favour of the breeders, i.a. through a legal process;
- controversies with customs and fiscal agencies when forming the charter capital of companies with foreign investments, VAT compensation during export/import transactions, customs clearing;
- legal controversies connected with specific activity issues of agrarian companies: loss compensation when supplying the breeding stock, grain storage and processing, harvest failure, etc.
RATUM is a member of the International Bar Association, the Corporate Secretaries’ Club of the Russian Institute of Directors, Kursk Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Kursk regional office of the All-Russian Non-Governmental Organization of Small and Medium Business “OPORA ROSSII”.
Our reliability is certified by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation. RATUM is one of 300 companies registered in the State Register of Legal Entities as a reliable partner financially and economically sound to operate in Russia and abroad.
- in 2006 RATUM became a prize winner of the “Golden Mercury-2005” National Business Award at the regional level in the nomination of “The Best Small Enterprise Proving Legal Services”;
- in 2007 RATUM became a prize winner of the “Golden Mercury-2006” National Business Award at the regional level in the nomination of “The Best Small Enterprise Proving Legal Services”;
- in 2009 RATUM became the prize winner of the regional contest organized by the Administration of the Kursk Region “Top Company of Small and Medium Business in the Kursk region – 2008” in the nomination of “Audit. Law Practice. Teaching”;
- in 2010 RATUM became an award winner of the 10th Interregional Wholesale and Retail Trade Fair “Kurskaya Korennaya Yarmarka”;
- in 2010 according to PRAVO.RU 300 rating results RATUM has the 4th rating position in the list of The Best Regional Law Firms operating in Russia and is one of the Top-100 Best Law Firms in Russia;
- in 2011 according to PRAVO.ru rating results RATUM is in the list of the TOP-50 Regional law firms in Russia.